Saturday 10 September 2011

The Urge To Create

Then I suddenly had the urge to start my next kids book 'Greg the Giant: Gets a cold'.
The story was inspired by an idea that some had planted in my head, the idea was that if some one could breath in so much that they sucked the world up their nose, why would is not work the other way round?

So the story was born, written, typed out, spell checked, printed, spell checked again, re-written, re-printed and finally sent off to a children's story competition. When the results came back my story had gotten down to the top 300 out of thousands of people.. which is pretty good. I even got a letter of praise from the competition judges, which made me think this may be the one story that might get somewhere.

Then after another million page plans later I had my picture book planned out, all that was left to do was find the right was of colouring that worked well. I found it!

So here we have the first draft of the front page and the design for the inside pages.





No comments:

Post a Comment